We love our Brussels Sprouts, though we sometimes have to get creative with them to keep things interesting! Most of us are used to steamed brussels, but we wanted to try something a bit different both in terms of flavoring and preparation, so we were delighted to come across this great fried sprout recipe!
In the South, we always like to add in a bit more flavoring than usual, so if you want to make these a bit more rich, add in some light onions and/or bits of ham. Scroll down to see the details!
Garlic-Fried Brussel Sprouts
- 1lb brussel sprout
- 4-6 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- bacon bits, optional
- Remove brown outer leaves of the sprouts and halve or quarter them by hand.
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the sprouts and fry, stirring occasionally until they are almost charred, but not burned.
- For the last two minutes of cooking, add in the garlic (and bacon bits!) and stir to combine. Note: The garlic can burn quickly, so keep an eye on it.
- Season to taste with salt, white pepper, and the lemon juice. Serve warm.